“Put your iPod on shuffle. List the first 10 songs that play and how you feel about them.”
- Renegades by X Ambassadors // when I first heard this song I just liked the rhythm of the song, it gave me a good sway in my step. The lyrics though really bring the song out to me because of just one line ” so all hail the underdogs, all hail the new kings.” I have always felt like the underdog doing so much and getting unnoticed or even thanked and this song really makes me feel some kind of strength to keep preserving through different obstacles. If you watch the music video it really is an inspiring song
2. Time of Our Lives by Pit-bull & Neyo // I love this song haha, I sometimes would say that this song is basically my life, but it really isn’t because I won’t waste my last 20 on partying. But I do agree that I do work a lot just to make the money to make the bill but I do believe that even when I’m down to nothing in the bank I should always be able to enjoy life and have a good time just a little bit. “but everyday above ground is a great day. . remember that.”
3. Downtown by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Grandmaster Melle Mel, Kol Moe Dee, Eric Nally & Grandmaster Caz // I LOVE THIS SONG! Every time it comes on I just can’t stop getting groove on, it has that great old school groove with today’s beats. My favorite part is when Eric Nally starts singing his parts and hits all his notes, it immediately has me swaying my hips. Its catchy!
4. Here by Alessia Cara // this song is super chill and its growing on me. It reminds me of the other artists that I really like that are from over the seas in Europe but lucky me this chic is from Canada haha. I do like the sound of this song and one of the ones that I would learn the words to.
5. No Control by One Direction // when the album came out this one was my immediate favorite. It was written by my eye candy in the group Louis Tomlinson, It reminded me of an old rock band I used to listen to, the lyrics are grown for their age which I like and its catchy as hell. I feel like I should be making a music video with Mr. Tomlinson to this song haha. I once again love this song.
6. Can’t Sleep Love by Pentatonix & Tink // this is such a good song to sing to anywhere I go. I have the perfect two step, step in the name of love moves. The melody is so sweet and I like how Tink changes it up a bit. I want to replay it right now.
7. Good For You by Selena Gomez // I feel sexy, maybe sensual actually should be the better term when I hear this song come on. Being the dancer that I am I just want to move in a slow and sensual way. Selena got me feeling like a boss and using my body as the reason to captivate someone.
8. Black Magic by Little Mix // this is such a pop song it makes me feel like I’m living and dancing in the 90’s. I feel like I should be walking through a store or theme park doing really cute dances moves with the squad for some cute employee haha. I love little mix and these girls can sing so the feels are pretty real.
9. Good Thing by Nick Jonas & Sage The Gemini // I love this song because Nick Jonas just sang this song so well and this one is probably my favorite from the album. Whenever this song comes on I feel like I need to be in the club dancing against the one I love in the dim lights of the night.
10. Sorry by Justin Bieber // I always feel like I need to just doing dancehall or sexy moves when this song comes on. I enjoy the way this song sounds compared to all the other songs he released for the new album. I feel like this is the dance track for the fall